Welcome to Lyme Bay Medical & Dental Practices
Lyme Regis Medical Centre, Charmouth Medical Practice & Kent House Health Centre
e-consult allows patients to safely contact their GP surgery without having to come into the practice. eConsult collects all the details your GP surgery needs to decide on the right care for you and you will receive a response by the end of the next working day.
e-consult is available from 8am Monday until 6.30pm on Friday. When e-consult is unavailable you will still be able to access the self help information.
For more information, please click here or go to our News tab to look at “frequently asked questions” on e-consult
Following the success of last years flu vaccination programme we are planning to use Woodmead Halls again this year for some of our Flu clinics. We had planned to start this on 25th September but due to the recent announcement that there will be a delay in vaccines being delivered to Practices by 1-2 weeks, we are awaiting information regarding a confirmed delivery date before booking clinics. Please do not contact the Practice as until we have a delivery date as we will be unable to book appointments. The website will be updated once we have further information. 06.09.2021
A supplier to the NHS has advised us of a global shortage of some equipment used for taking blood tests.
Anyone who needs a test for urgent health problems, will still get one but where your clinician recommends that it’s safe to do so, then you may be asked to come back for a test at a later date, or your appointment may be rescheduled.
Given the nature of the shortage, we cannot give an exact date for when the test will be rescheduled, but please be assured that if your condition or symptoms require it, then you will get a test, and we will be re-booking your test when supplies become more easily available.
If your condition or symptoms change or get worse, please contact the NHS as you would normally.
On this page you are able to find further information on the following:
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Clinic News
- NHS App
- Latest News/Information
- Opening Times
- When We Are Closed
- Meet The Team
- Friends & Family Test
- Join the Patient Participations Group
- CQC Report
- Link to Facebook
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR COVID-19 VACCINATION STATUS
GP surgery’s cannot provide letters showing COVID-19 vaccination status.
- You can access your COVID-19 vaccination status through the free NHS App from.
- You can access the app through mobile devices such as a smartphone or by tablet. Proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status will be shown within the NHS App.
- It is recommend that you register with the app before booking & at least 2 weeks before your departure date and once you have had a full course of vaccinations, which is currently 2 doses of an approved vaccine
- If you DO NOT have access to a smartphone and know that the country you are travelling to requires COVID-19 vaccination status, Please call the NHS helpline on 119 and ask for a letter to be posted to your home address. This must be at least 5 days after you have completed the course of the vaccine. They expect the letter to take up to 7 working days to reach them.
To use the NHS App,
- You must be:registered with a GP in England
- Aged 13 or over.
Lyme Bay Medical and Dental Practices
TYPE 1 OPT-OUT OPTION
REGISTER YOUR TYPE 1 OPT-OUT PREFERENCE
As of 1st September 2021 your data will be shared with NHS Digital to help improve health, care and services.
Patient data from GP medical records kept by GP practices in England is used every day to improve health, care and services through planning and research, helping to find better treatments and improve patient care. The NHS is introducing an improved way to share this information - called the General Practice Data for Planning and Research data collection.
NHS Digital will collect, analyse, publish and share this patient data to improve health and care services for everyone.
- informing and developing health and social care policy
- planning and commissioning health and care services
- taking steps to protect public health (including managing and monitoring the coronavirus pandemic)
- in exceptional circumstances, providing you with individual care
- enabling healthcare and scientific research
Any data that NHS Digital collects will only be used for health and care purposes. It is never shared with marketing or insurance
NHS Digital will not collect any patient data for patients who have already registered a Type 1 opt-out in line with current policy. If this changes patients who have registered a Type 1 opt-out will be informed.
If you do not want your patient data shared with NHS Digital, you can register a Type 1 opt-out with us. You can register a Type 1 opt-out at any time. You can also change your mind at any time and withdraw a Type 1 opt-out.
Data sharing with NHS Digital will start on 1st September 2021.
If you have already registered a Type 1 opt-out with your GP practice your data will not be shared with NHS Digital.
If you wish to register a Type 1 opt-out with your GP practice before data sharing starts with NHS Digital, this should be done by 24 August 2021 to allow time for processing it.
If you have previously registered a Type 1 opt-out and you would like to withdraw this, you can also use the form to do this.
If you register a Type 1 opt-out after your patient data has already been shared with NHS Digital, no more of your data will be shared with NHS Digital. NHS Digital will however still hold the patient data which was shared with us before you registered the Type 1 opt-out.
The form you need to do this can be found by clicking here
Please click on the links on the right for further information or latest news
- Covid Vaccination Clinic 2021
- Lymebay & Charmouth Medical Practice Merger 2021
- Dental Update January 2021
- Video Consultation Audit 2021
- Telephone Consultation Audit 2021
- e-Consult Feedback 2021