Welcome to the The Lyme Bay Medical and Dental Practice
e-consult allows patients to safely contact their GP surgery anytime without having to come into the practice. eConsult collects all the details your GP surgery needs to decide on the right care for you and you will receive a response by the end of the next working day.
For more information, please click here or go to our News tab to look at “frequently asked questions” on e-consult
Lyme Bay Medical and Dental Practice
Lyme Bay & Charmouth Medical Practice to merge
Patients to benefit from practice merger
The GP partners of Lyme Bay Medical Practice and Charmouth Medical Practice are pleased to announce plans to merge the practices under one contract.
Charmouth Medical Practice partners Dr Martin Beckers and Dr Sue Beckers have indicated a wish to retire in 2021 and are keen for services in Charmouth to continue under a merger arrangement with Lyme Bay Medical Practice & Dr Forbes Watson.
TO ALL OF OUR PATIENTS
We are all excited to hear that there is real progress on a Covid vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The Pfizer/BioNTech has now been approved by the British regulator (Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) as safe to be used.
- Due to issues about having to store the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine at very low temperatures, it is probably going to be delivered to hospitals first.
- The 2 other Covid vaccines that are in development and have not yet been licensed to be used on patients in the UK – but we are expecting them to be licensed very soon.
- It appears that those eligible for the vaccine will need to have two Covid-19 vaccines for them to be most effective
- There will be some large vaccination centres and some mobile units to deliver and administer the vaccines. We do not know yet what there will be in our area.
- Many thousands of people have volunteered to be part of the project to organise and administer these vaccines which is really encouraging.
- The expectation is that the vaccinations will not start for most people until 2021 and it will take some time to vaccinate everyone who is eligible.
Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing but we all look forward to the time when we will return to life as normal.
Thank you for your patience
Lyme Bay Medical Practice
Under 65 at risk ONLY. Flu Clinics 2020
We have already sent out text messages and will send a reminder text to all patients under 65 who are eligible.
if you have received a text then please contact the surgery to arrange an appointment whilst we still have the vaccine available.
The flu vaccine is offered free on the NHS to anyone with a serious long-term health condition, including:
- respiratory conditions, such as asthma (needing steroid inhaler or tablets),
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and bronchitis
- heart conditions, such as coronary heart disease or heart failure
- being very overweight – a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- chronic kidney disease
- liver disease, such as hepatitis
- neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
- a learning disability
- problems with your spleen, for example, sickle cell disease, or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or taking medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- are pregnant
- are in a long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who's at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- frontline health or social care worker
Please click on the links on the right for further information or latest news
- Dental Update June 2020
- Video Consultation Audit 2020
- Telephone Consultation Audit 2020
- Face Coverings
- Lymebay & Charmouth Medical Practice Merger 2021
New Dorset Health & Care App & A-Z of Health Information
Our Dorset, the partnership of health and social care organisations from across the county, has launched a digital health technology library to help supported self-management in the form of apps library www.ourdorset.nhs.uk/apps as well as a new website with A -Z health information library https://healthvideos.ourdorset.nhs.uk/