We no longer take repeat prescription requests over the telephone for the following reasons:
- The NHS no longer supports the re-ordering of prescriptions over the telephone. This is to ensure patient safety and to avoid mistakes. This policy is being upheld by the prescribing clinicians at this surgery.
- This will also avoid blocking the phone lines which will increase telephone access when patients are trying to make appointments, request advice or emergency help.
The most quick and efficient way to order your repeat medication is online. Register with online services at the practice to obtain your user ID and Password, then just click on the link on this page.
Please allow three working days (Boots and Lloyds, Lyme Regis) and one week for Charmouth Pharmacy for the turnaround time for your repeat prescription.
Other Ways You May Re-Order Your Medication
Option 1 - Go to our 'Do It Online' section and re - order repeat medication
Option 2 - Send your prescription sheet to the surgery and indicate which items are required.
Option 4 - Leave your request sheet at the pharmacy of your choice remembering to allow time for processing as stated above.
Option 5 - Prescriptions can be posted directly to you on the receipt of a stamped, addressed envelope.
Please allow 3 working days
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Disposal of Unwanted Medicines
Unwanted medication can be returned to your usual pharmacy for safe destruction.
Sharps bins are available at the Lyme Bay Medical & Dental Practice for syringes, needles etc.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.00
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.